Make these super quick and easy Air fryer roasted bell peppers for an awesome vegetable side dish or a snack. This makes an excellent gluten free and vegan side dish that is versatile enough to use in many recipes.
- 3 Bell peppers (use any color, I used green, red, and orange)
- 2 teaspoon oil ( coconut oil or avocado oil or any high smoke point oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoon taco seasoning
- Wash the bell peppers, dry them with a clean kitchen towel or a paper napkin. Now cut them in half, deseed them, and then cut them into either long or short strips or cubes, however, you prefer. Remember your air frying time will slightly vary based on the size you cut them.
- Now take the chopped bell peppers into a bowl and toss them with oil, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Load the seasoned bell peppers into your air fryer making sure not to crowd them. It is very important to leave space between pieces for the air frying feature to actually work.
- Now air-fry them at 390F for 10 to 12 minutes. It took me two batches to air-fry 3 peppers. No need to shake the basket halfway through if you properly arranged them initially with enough space between the pieces. You can even go a little longer if you want the chargrilled effect. Voila !! Your perfectly done air fryer roasted peppers are ready to eat in no time. Check the post above for ideas on how to use them.
- Do not use oil sprays in your air fryer to save the non-stick coating. Just toss the ingredients in oil as suggested in the recipe above prior to airfrying.
- Leave enough space between each piece when loading the air fryer to make sure that the bell peppers are air-fried and not steamed.
- You can experiment with any kind of seasonings you want.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air fryer roasted peppers, Air fryer bell peppers, air fryer peppers, bell peppers in air fryer