Crunchy, sweet n sour and juicy apples are cooked in the instant pot with preferred spices and citrus goodness (orange and lemon) to make this amazingly easy and delicious Instant pot applesauce.
- 4 gala or fuji or golden delicious apples ( or any sweeter variety )
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1/4 tsp orange zest ( no white part )
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice ( I just hand squeezed from a navel orange )
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or any sweetener like honey, maple syrup, white sugar (optional)
- Peel(if you prefer), core and chop apples into 1 inch pieces.
- Place all ingredients in the instant pot inner pot, seal the vent, close the lid and cook on manual mode for 6 mins on high pressure.
- Let the steam release naturally for 10 mins at least and then do a quick release by turning the knob to vent while staying away from the steam.
- Open the lid and use a whisk to stir everything really well to mash it up. If you want a smoother texture, use an immersion blender to blend it up.
- Now check the taste and add 2 tbsp brown sugar or any preferred sweetener and mix well.
- Let it come to room temperature and refrigerate it in a air tight container for few hours before serving. Now your applesauce is ready to serve.
- You can use all sweeter variety apples to avoid adding extra sugars at the end and make an unsweetened applesauce.
- After opening the lid, use a whisk to stir everything up carefully when it is still hot. It helps in mashing the applesauce super easily.
- If you want a much smoother texture, use an immersion blender to blend it up in the pot itself.
- Add sweetener after cooking , so you will know how much to add as per your taste.
- Cool the applesauce to room temperature before refrigerating it. Chilling it for few hours before eating really gets the flavors together. But if you like it warm, then wait for little time after making, to serve it.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack
- Method: Instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot applesauce recipe, apples instant pot, pressure cooker applesauce recipe