Chickpeas also known as Garbanzo beans are an excellent plant-based nutritional powerhouse. They are highly preferred in healthy vegetarian diets because of their high protein & fiber content, ease of use, wide availability, and versatility. Here is a collection of 15 must-try Indian chickpea recipes that keep you craving more.
When we think of Chickpeas in the Indian diet, the first dish that usually comes to mind is Chole or Chana masala, the undoubtedly most popular Indian chickpea recipe. However, many other delicious Indian chickpea recipes, along with Chole, are definitely worth including in our weekly meal plan.
Health benefits of chickpeas
Chickpeas provide numerous health benefits when included regularly in our diet.
- A good source of protein and fiber with a moderate amount of calories.
- Packed with multiple vitamins and minerals.
- A good source of mineral manganese and B vitamin folate.
- It keeps you full for a long time, which automatically lowers calorie intake.
- Excellent source of plant-based protein.
- With a fairly low glycemic index, they help manage blood sugar levels.
- A good amount of soluble fiber in chickpeas increases healthy gut bacteria which improves digestion.
- Excellent source of Iron.
15 Delicious Indian Chickpea recipes
Here is a collection of 15 fabulous Indian Chickpea recipes including one Instant pot Chole recipe that is a user favorite. Give them a try and let me know which one is your favorite in the comments below.
We always love to hear from you. Did you try any of these recipes? Let us know your feedback in the comments below. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to see what's cooking in our kitchen!! Happy Cooking !!